iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak Using Absinthe 2.0 RELEASED; Supports iPhone 4S, iPad 3, iPod Touch
Not too long ago, we posted that a tester going by alias fly2iphone had posted his video of successful jailbreak of iOS 5.1.1 on his iPhone 4S using Absinthe 2.0 tool.
We said that the release will take place on May 24, but we were off by a day. Today, the developers of Chronic-Dev Team and iPhone Dev Teams (Jailbreak Dream Team) have released the tool (Absinthe 2.0) for jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1 for the following devices:
iPad 1.1 – 2.1 – 2.2 – 2.3
iPad 3.1 – 3.2 – 3.3
iPod Touch 3.1
iPod Touch 4.1
(Support for Apple iPad 2.4 will be added at a later date)
The developers claim that this jailbreak is the easiest one till date.
The above devices are fully supported for jailbreak, with the exception of Apple TV (3rd Gen).
NOTE: THIS TOOL ONLY WORKS FOR iOS 5.1.1.
Follow the steps below to jailbreak your iDevice.
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
Download links for Absinthe 2.0 are below.
Absinthe2.0 MacOSX (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
One thing’s for sure, Apple’s gonna be super pissed about the jailbreak release. We also posted about Top Daily Use Apps on iOS5 for iPhone 4S that you can run after the jailbreak.