Been waiting for the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update to come out for your Motorola Droid X2? Well, the wait is over! Verizon has finally decided to officially launch the update for Droid X2 users. The new update brings lashings of enhancements, security updates and improved features.
- A download manager app to manage all your downloaded content in one place.
- Multi-touch key-chording : Now you can easily press characters to enter numbers and symbols instead of switching to numeric keyboard mode again and again.
- Word selection and copying enhanced: Now you can press-hold on a word to select it. A second press of the word will copy the selected characters.
- Interface redefined: Icons, widgets and screens changed, bringing in new colors.
- Improved stability.
- This Gingerbread update adds SD Card and Device encryption.
- IPSec VPN clients has been integrated into device security settings.
Improved features include:
- Dismiss one event instead of the whole list of events.
- Event times and calendar is displayed in your home time zone while travelling.
- You can now enter conferences easily, just dial and automatically enter a conference code from your phone’s calendar.
- Google books is now pre-loaded on the OS.
- You can now geotag photos captured from the phone’s camera.
- No longer receive duplicate SMS messages.
- Battery indicator is much more accurate now.
There are much more improvements in this Gingerbread release and you can check them in the picture below. If you want to experience these new features like many other people, then all you have to do is update your Droid X2 from the system updates.